Live @ 365 is a new world music series produced by The Graduate Center Center of the City University of New York's cultural and conference complex, and is situated across the street from the Empire State Building.
The new 6-part series which takes place on Tuesdays at 7pm, marks its first world music series bringing some of the finest artists from around the world, including 2 US debuts. Artists include the exquisite Malian/French ensemble Chamber Music with Ballake Sissoko on kora-harp/lute and Vincent Segal on cello on September 27, 2011; the US debut with Portugal's rising fado star Antonio Zambujo on October 18, 2011; Azam Ali's Persian/Kurdish/Lebanese/Azeri lullabies "From Edge to the Night of Day" on November 22, Aboriginal Songs with Pitjantjatjara artist Frank Yamma on March 13, 2012 in his US debut; a celebration of Arab Spring with Simon Shaheen on April 10, 2012 and performing for the first time in NY in over 35 years, Flamenco Gitano legend Manuel Agujetas on May 22, 2012.
Series curator Isabel Soffer, known for her groundbreaking work as director of programming at World Music Institute where she worked until February 2011, and the as co-founder/producer of globalFEST, envisions the series as carefully curated programs of the world's finest artists - traditional and contemporary – performing new works, that the public will be able to experience in a beautiful, intimate setting.
- Live@365 team
- Ray Soldavin, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, CUNY Graduate Center
- Andrea Jeyaveeran, Director Public Programs, CUNY Graduate Center
- John Chianese, Senior Audiovisual Technician and Manger of Events, CUNY Graduate Center
- Isabel Soffer, curator/producer
- Claudia Norman, marketing director
- Blake Zidell Associates, publicity
- I Can do That Productions, design
- Sounds Like Art, production
- Audio Inc, sound
- Kojo Adewole, outreach
- Special thanks to Lisa Philp